Link Crew visits Ira Jones, helps kids transition from middle school to high school

Zahra Ali, Opinion Editor

Link Crew went to Ira Jones yesterday to get acquainted with their classes and lead varying teambuilding activities.

The purpose of Link Crew’s trip to the middle school is to create a smooth transition from middle to high school as well as set up positive role models for students outside of Plainfield North.

Split into groups of three of four, the LC members were assigned a class of sixth, seventh, or eighth graders, and were responsible for creating engaging lesson plans focused on teamwork and communication. Some of the activities done included “The Human Knot” exercise, as well as “Guess Who.” Some groups invented their own unique games to play with their class.

“I liked seeing all the sixth graders when they were asking questions. They got really excited to go to high school already,” said Senior Jumana Quafisheh

In the coming months, LC plans to return to Ira Jones. Some possible topics for future trips include anti-bullying, red ribbon week, and cyber safety.

“I think it’s important to visit Ira as Link Crew leaders because we’re able to make them [the middle schoolers] comfortable when transitioning into high school,” said Senior Aya Sellami.