December Issue Club News

Prowler Staff

• Stress Relief Club

Feeling stressed out?  Join the club.   For future meeting announcements the Google Classroom code is ijvnqhd or follow us on instagram: “pnhsstressrelief”

Meets in Room 404 after school at 2:20 p.m.

• Muslim Student Association

A club where students come together each month to enjoy fun, themed activities that connect back to Islam; however, MSA is open everyone. 

Next meeting: January; exact day, time, and location TBD. Stay tuned to announcements for details. 

• Photography Club

Dedicated to the use of digital camera features.  In this club, you will learn the components you need to make a visually pleasing image, as well as, the general history of photography while sharing images you take between sessions.

Next meetings:  Jan. 3, 10, 24 and Feb. 7, 28 in Room 301 from 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.

• Student Council

Want to help around the school and organize school events? Come to the Student Council.  

Next meeting: Jan. 13 at 2:15 p.m. in the cafeteria.  We will be discussing and planning the Talent Show. 

• Key Club

Want to help others as well as develop leadership skills?  If so, join Key Club.

Contact Sarah Sicinski in Room 317 for more information

Next Meetings:  Jan. 25 and Feb. 22

• Winter Running Club

All boys and girls runners are welcome.

The group meets most days after school near the fieldhouse. Dress to run outside in the cold. 

The club meets until mid January when official track practices start (after MLK Day), then it transitions into regular track practice.

If interested:  Coach Derks (Boys) ([email protected]) or Coach Paymaster (Girls) ([email protected])

• Philosophy Club

Meets every Thursday in room 403

• Tiger Buddies 

We will attend a varsity basketball game on Friday, Jan. 14. Please use the code xw27bkr to join our Google Classroom for more details. We meet once a month in our PE classes during 4th, 5th and 6th period. Please see the calendar in the GC.

• Ping Pong Club

Join our Google Classroom with z5zqwty code

• Bass Fishing Club

Interested in fishing? Want to bond with other fishermen? Come to the Bass Fishing Club. 

Meets every other Wednesday in room 418

• Book Club

Book recommendations, book discussions and fun activities 

Next meetings: Jan. 5, 18 and Feb.8, 21 in the Media Center from 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. 

• UNICEF Club

Are you interested in fundraising and advocating to help children all around the world? Join 

Next meeting: Jan. 24 in the Media Center

• Byte Club 

PNHS computer science, technology, and engineering club

Meetings held on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month in Room 228 after school until 3:30 p.m.

• Math Team 

A club to try challenging math problems and compete against other schools with these challenging problems.

Meets the first full day of the week every week.  After school until 3:15 p.m. in Room 120

• Plainfield Rugby Club

Offers a boys’ team and a girls’ team.  We teach everything you need to know about playing rugby.  Both teams are made up of players from all four Plainfield high schools. 

Indoor practice times:

Jan. 17 and 24 from 7-9 p.m. in North fieldhouse

Feb. 7 and 9 from 7-9 p.m. in North gym

Feb. 16 from 7-9 p.m. in North fieldhouse

Feb. 23 and 24 from 7-9 p.m. in North gym

• Mental Health Awareness

Want to help destigmatize mental health? Learn more about mental health? Join Mental Health Awareness Club.  

Meets every Monday in Open Area 4

• GSA 

Want to support the LGBTQIA+ community? If you’re a part of the community or want to meet others in the community, then come to the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). 

Meets every other Friday outside of Door P weather permitting. See Mr. Lavallee for questions. 

• Drama Club 

Are you interested in theater games, improvisation and acting work?  If so, join Drama Club.

Meetings on Thursdays from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. in the auditorium 

Contact Mr. Crawford via [email protected]

Google Class Page: o3ajlw6

• Fashion Club

An opportunity for students to embody what it means to embrace creativity through self-expression and is an opportunity to discover new designers, trends and fashions. 

Meets the first Thursday of the month in Open Area 1

• Young Life

A global organization for high school students to meet with Young Life Leaders at weekly club and throughout the week to discuss what matters to them, go to camp as well as enjoy fellowship and a good time together.

Contact Dawn Stirrett in the Media Center for more information.

Meets on Mondays in the cafe at 7:11 p.m. 

Check out instagram for more information: yl_plainfield.  

• German Club 

Open to all students interested in learning more about the German language and culture.   No prior knowledge of the language is necessary.  See our Google Classroom for more information.  a35z64q

Meetings are in Room 321 from 2:15 p.m. – 3 p.m. 

Jan. 24: Gluecksbringer – We will be painting rocks and learning about good luck charms as we enter into 2022.

Feb. 8: Lebkuchherzen – We will be decorating Gingerbread Heart cookies. 

Feb. 28 Brezeln – We will be making German pretzels. 

• French Club

Meets twice a month.  Join our Google Classroom with code:  x4zqxru 

Contact Madame Moore in Room 309 for more information

• Spanish Club

The Spanish Club embraces the culture of Spain and Latin America.  

Meetings are every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month in Room 325 at 2:20 p.m.

• Greek Club

Join Greek Club to get a taste of the Greek culture and learn about its food, traditional dances and more.

Meetings are once per month after school in Room 221.  For future meeting announcements text @pnhsgreek to 81010 to join the Remind

• Chess Club  

Promotes casual and competitive play from beginners to expert level chess players. 

Meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in Open Area 4

• Black Girls Rock Club

This club is designed to provide girls with a safe space to talk about real-life concerns, trends and provide a sense of community.  

Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month.

Meetings in Room 427 starting at 2:30 p.m.

• Anime Club

Want to meet other Anime enthusiasts? Discuss the plots of animes? Come to Anime Club. 

Meets every Wednesday in Room 405

• GEMS Club

A club for girls interested in STEM fields (engineering, math and science).

Meets two Tuesdays a month in Room 120 after school until 3:00 p.m.

Join Google Classroom with code: btfcin6