Riverside Brookfield Dual Meet Recap

Carly Kramer, Staff Writer

The Plainfield boys varsity swim team walked away with their first ever dual meet victory against the Riverside Brookfield High School swim team this past Thursday, January 7. They outscored the Bulldogs 111-69, making program history.

The standout performances of the meet include Plainfield North senior, Brandon Tran, winning the 100 breaststroke with a time of 57.84, breaking his own pool record by nearly a full second. Tran also went on to win the 200 IM as well as help the 200 medley relay consisting of Avery, Buss, and Potts, and the 400 free relay consisting of Avery, Potts and Netzel bring home the gold.

Plainfield North sophomore, Ryan Netzel won both the 100 fly and the 200 free, that of which he swam a new in-season best time of 1:46.17.

Plainfield East junior, Kyle Potts won the 500 free and 100 backstroke; despite having a broken toe, he beat the competition by over six seconds in the 500 free.

Finally, Plainfield North sophomore, Jack Farnan took second place in the 100 backstroke, finishing with a time of 59.89. Farnan has been working all season to swim under a minute in this event, making this the first meet he has swam under his mark for this year.

The boys travel to Bartlett this Saturday, January 16, to swim against the Hawks in one of their last dual meets of the season.