Carnival comes to down

Cassidy Sutton, News Editor

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls put your hands together for the North homecoming theme this year, “Under the Rooftop.”

The homecoming dance will be on Oct 5 from 7-10 pm in the main gym.

Tickets for this year’s dance will not be held online. Students will have the opportunity to purchase tickets during their lunch periods on Sept 24,25 and 26. If a student doesn’t get the chance to purchase one tickets will also be on sale after school Oct 1 and 3.

On Sept 24 the Rickline Production DJ will be in all lunch periods to get students ready for spirit week.

Homecoming week will kick off on Monday Sept 30 where after school it will dinner and a movie night. “The Greatest Showman” will be playing on the football field where food trucks will be parked outside of.

Wednesday Oct 2 junior and senior girls will face off for a powder puff football game. The bonfire will then follow the game with a massive fire, live DJ, inflatable games, photo booth, pizza, candy and pop.

“I love the bonfire, it’s something only North does because the other high schools don’t have the space or ability to have the massive bonfire like we do,” social studies teacher Nicole Hoch said, “Students come out and basically enjoy a free dance.”

The homecoming assembly is scheduled for Oct. 4 and the homecoming court will be announced. Later that night, North will play Minooka at home. During the game, the homecoming king and queen will be announced.

“We want to make it a tradition that we announce the homecoming court at the homecoming assembly and the seniors at the homecoming football game,” math and science division chair Ginger Brest said.

This year the homecoming parade will be held on Sept. 28, and North’s homecoming court will not be participating. Since both the assembly and the game are going to be on Oct. 4, North has decided not to be in it.

The theme was announced Aug. 30 at the fall sports assembly. “Under the Rooftop” pertains to a carnival-themed homecoming, with a balloon drop at the dance.

The homecoming dance will be on Oct. 5 from 7-10 pm in the main gym.

Tickets for this year’s dance will not be sold online. Instead, students will have the opportunity to purchase tickets during their lunch periods on Sept. 24, 25, and 26. Tickets will also be on sale after school Oct. 1 and 3.

“It’s one night where everyone gets to feel special during the school year, senior Kaitlyn Dietz said. “We won’t remember every day at school, but we will remember this one night.”