North holds annual Talent Show

Joe Wachs, Staff Writer

North hosted the 10th Annual Talent Show February 12 at 6:30 P.M. in the auditorium.

“I believe all the performances were great,” said Senior Simien Robinson. Robinson performed his original rap music at the show.  “It was fun getting together with all the students and showing off the talent we had that not many people knew of.”

This year’s show filled the auditorium and hosted over 10 performances. The show production went smoothly.

“I don’t think anything in particular could have gone better,” said Student Council Advisor Stephanie Gloede. “The show was great. However, next year I would like to see a bigger variety of talent. More dancing, more instrumental play, etc. Overall the student’s talent was outstanding.”

The night started off with music that made the audience want to dance. Analee Stephen kicked off the show singing “What Dreams Are Made Of” by Hilary Duff.

“We didn’t have as many participants this year as we did last year; nevertheless it was a great show,” said Gloede

Moving on throughout the show the audience was able to see three rap performances, all with original lyrics.

Reginald Crosby, also known as Marcel, performed his original rap “Intermission”, which excited the crowd during the second performance.

“The three acts that stuck out the most to me was Katie Krawisz’s performance with her dad on the piano – singing ‘Like I’m Gonna Lose You’, Simien Robinson performing his original rap, and Megi Mecolli singing ‘All I Ask’ by Adele.” said Gloede

“It was my first time ever performing in front of people and I loved it, I tried to bring a variety of rap in and I believe it went well,” said Senior Greg Jones

Simien Robinson, also known as King Simi, finished the show with an original rap “Symphony #9”.

With over nine students singing, each provided a different feel in their performance. The music variety in this year’s show spanned from Hilary Duff to Ed Sheeran.